BMC Urology is recruiting new Editorial Board Members to join our experienced Editorial Board. With the growth of the journal, we wish to expand our Editorial Board to ensure the journal is able to cope with submissions on a broad range of topics whilst maintaining high editorial standards.
We welcome applications from researchers with expertise in all fields of urology, including:
- Endourology and technology
- Epidemiology and health outcomes
- Pediatric urology
- Pre-clinical and basic research
- Reconstructive urology
- Andrology, sexual function and fertility
- Urological imaging
- Urological oncology
- Female urology, neurourology and voiding dysfunction
BMC Urology scope and ethos
BMC Urology is an open access journal publishing original peer-reviewed research articles in all aspects of the prevention, diagnosis and management of urological disorders, as well as related molecular genetics, pathophysiology, and epidemiology.
The journal and our editors do not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles, this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
We are interested in researchers who are committed to open access, data sharing, and innovation in scientific publishing.
Suitable candidates should:
- have a minimum of fifteen (15) research papers in reputable, English language, peer-reviewed journals;
- be frequently listed as a corresponding author (first or last author) during the last five years;
have demonstrable expertise that fits within the scope and the need of the journal.
Suitable Editorial Board Members for BMC Urology must also:
- adhere to our strong values of improving transparency, integrity and reproducibility of animal research;
- support the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and be committed to representing BMC Urology within the scientific community;
- provide a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensure that manuscripts fulfil the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer-review.
Role and responsibilities
The Editorial Board Member is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the journal’s requirements and recommending decisions on the basis of peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the journal’s editorial policies.
An Editorial Board Member for BMC Urology should be willing to handle a minimum of twelve (12) manuscripts per year through peer review across a range of disciplines within their broader subject area.
We also encourage all of our Editorial Board Members to take an active interest in journal development and promotional projects to help increase the visibility of our published research.
Our Editorial Board Members will be provided with access to training materials, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. The Editorial Board Members will report to the Editor of the journal.
Interested in applying?
If you are interested in becoming an Editorial Board Member for BMC Urology and you meet the above criteria, please click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!